- 400 g ripe banana
- 6 free range / organic eggs
- 4 fresh pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) macadamia nut oil, coconut oil or cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 70 g (1/2 cup) coconut flour
- 20 g (1/4 cup) chia seed
- Preheat your oven to 150 C. (fan forced) 170 C ( no fan)
- Combine banana, dates, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder into a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and combined – alternatively you can do this by hand in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut flour and chia seeds and mix through.
- Rest for 10 minutes to allow the chia and coconut flour to expand.
- Lightly oil one loaf tin and then line with baking paper – The size I used was: 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long.
- Spoon batter into the tin – at this stage you can decorate the bread with flaked coconut of sliced banana before baking.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes ( a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
- Cover the top with foil if over-browning.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf.
- Makes 1 loaf serves 12. keeps in the fridge covered for up to 1 week. (freezes well too)